WWE held its 2020 fourth quarter earnings convention name on Thursday that featured WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, President & Chief Income Officer Nick Khan, Chief Monetary Officer Kristina Salen, and Chief Model Officer Stephanie McMahon. Listed below are the highlights:
– The convention name opens with a welcome to everybody on the decision. Vince made opening remarks on the decision, which didn’t air throughout the streaming internet name. He didn’t say something after this.
– Khan talked about some key issues resembling working with Unhealthy Bunny, WWE Famous person Spectacle that was watched by over 20 million folks, eager to develop in Latin America, and extra.
– Stephanie talked about being forward of the curve by licensing the WWE Community to Peacock, Unhealthy Bunny, and extra. She talked about Sasha Banks on Mandalorian, Rey Mysterio sporting the Victoria model on his masks throughout the Royal Rumble.
– Salen introduced up income highlights. Income was $974.2 million for the yr, working earnings was $208.6 million, a rise of 79% or $92.1 million in comparison with the earlier yr, and the online earnings was $131.eight million. She did point out WWE doesn’t anticipate the return to ticket reside occasions till at the very least the second half of 2021, which excludes WrestleMania. WWE is predicted to restart building on the brand new international HQ within the second half of 2021.
– This was after they opened the decision up for questions.
– Concerning the WWE Community to Peacock deal, the migration prices are figured into their forecast.
– When requested about WWE Community shifting to Uncooked to assist enhance scores, Khan famous that they’ve flexibility with NBCU to make use of a few of the content material on Uncooked to assist scores. He famous that they’re at all times seeking to enhance scores. He added that they’re targeted on rising Peacock as nicely.
– A caller requested what they plan to do to carry extra viewers to the weekly TV exhibits. Khan said that they don’t suppose they misplaced followers, however relatively these followers not watching linear TV have moved to digital watching habits. He additionally thinks a great in-ring product will assist drive viewers to conventional TV.
– Khan expressed enthusiasm in regards to the Peacock deal and folks can search for main occasions to be introduced on NBC properties, much like how Wrestlemania was introduced throughout the soccer recreation.
– Khan notes broadcast isn’t going away as he put over FOX’s pre-Royal Rumble present, WWE Backstage. They’re very pleased with relationships with each NBC and Fox in that regard. Khan mentioned the FOX Backstage particular did over 1 million viewers
– Khan mentioned WWE isn’t involved about NBC Sports activities Community impacting them though NHL video games might air on the USA Community throughout Wednesdays, which additionally airs NXT. “There shall be no impact on Uncooked or NXT.”