Amanda Huber, the spouse of the late Brodie Lee, was interviewed on the most recent “AEW Unrestricted” podcast. Amanda gave particulars on what occurred that led to the passing of her husband. She famous that he was first handled on the hospital in Tampa, Florida however was later transported to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Click on right here to take heed to the podcast and I extremely advocate for everybody to take action.
Here’s a rundown of what was talked about (h/t to miber3 on Reddit for the nice write-up):
- On the day of Brodie Lee recording the AEW Unrestricted Podcast, he was on his Peloton bike however was unable to complete his exercise, citing a shortness of breath. Involved about the potential of Covid-19, Amanda took his temperature and checked his senses of style and scent, but it surely all appeared regular.
- He tried the exercise once more, with the identical outcome.
- He drove to Jacksonville for Dynamite tapings. He examined detrimental for Covid-19, however as a consequence of his signs, Doc Sampson didn’t really feel assured permitting him inside their bubble, so he drove again dwelling.
- As a precaution, Brodie quarantined in his bed room, away from Amanda and the children.
- He developed a excessive fever Thursday. Amanda stored him hydrated however he was not consuming.
- Moreover, he received a nasal swab take a look at. The outcomes got here again Sunday, and have been detrimental.
- Went to Pressing Care and was recognized with Bronchitis and allergy symptoms. Brodie & Amanda didn’t agree with that prognosis. Brodie stated that he felt like he had pneumonia.
- He was prescribed an oral antibiotic, an oral steroid, and allergy medicine.
- Was displaying seen indicators of misery. His face was sunken in.
- They went again to the hospital. He was leaning on Amanda as they have been strolling, as he was having hassle. Amanda informed him to take a seat down and that they need to get a wheelchair, however Brodie refused.
- They took him again to triage. They checked his temperature, however at the moment his fever had gone away. They checked his oxygen a number of occasions (with a number of machines), as they didn’t consider the outcome. His oxygen stage was 52 (regular is ~100, an bronchial asthma assault is ~85). He was rushed again to be placed on oxygen.
- The medical doctors suspected Covid-19, and he was examined once more (the third time, up to now). Once more, the outcomes have been detrimental.
Amanda notes that his well being appeared to have up’s and down’s over this timespan. Generally he would appear okay, however different occasions he clearly wasn’t.
- He was taken to the ICU in order that they might maintain a greater eye on him.
At this level, varied individuals at AEW have been conscious of Brodie’s well being points, because it was recognized that he was despatched dwelling from work. Chris Harrington particularly (a long-time pal of the Hubers) reached out to them providing their assist. This was no less than partly as a consequence of Amanda wanting to maintain issues near the vest, as they tended to stay a personal life and he or she didn’t need this to finish up within the filth sheets.
- Quick-Ahead to Halloween
- The physician informed her that they wanted to switch Brodie to a different hospital outdoors of Tampa. They opted for the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, since she knew they’d some connections by AEW in Jacksonville.
- The reasoning for the switch was described as ‘a matter of life or demise.’ He wanted to go on an ECMO machine in addition to presumably needing a lung transplant.
- Brodie was nonetheless aware at this level, however they informed Amanda she shouldn’t see him now as a result of she was clearly emotional they usually nervous it could simply upset and make issues worse for Brodie. She was informed to return dwelling and pack a bag and are available again.
As an apart, Brodie Jr wished to be Orange Cassidy for Halloween. Amanda initially thought that was foolish and that no person would know who Orange Cassidy was, however one in all Brodie’s final phrases have been “Go purchase him a fucking denim jacket.” Amanda hand-painted a Brodie Lee costume for Nolan to put on. They have been particularly trying ahead to this Halloween, because it was going to be Brodie’s first one dwelling with the household.
- Later That Similar Day
- Amanda didn’t wish to misinform Brodie Jr and inform him that every thing can be okay, however as an alternative tried to deal with the positives: that his dad was going to the perfect hospital in Florida the place they’d attempt to take excellent care of him.
- She took footage of her boys of their costumes in order that she might present them to Brodie when she received to the hospital (they’re on Instagram right here)
- Simply as she was about to pack her bag to return to the hospital she obtained a name that he “crashed and was intubated.”
- When she arrived to his hospital room she stated it was “horrifying to take a look at.” The room was trashed and he had a tube down his throat. She needed to sit within the convention room as they awaited the flight switch. Round 1am they boarded the aircraft and flew to Jacksonville.
- The First Day In Jacksonville
- Brodie was positioned on an ECMO machine and being prepped for surgical procedure.
- Amanda needed to keep at a lodge in Jacksonville that AEW insisted on masking the prices of.
Amanda commends the nurses and employees on the Mayo Clinic for the way type and compassionate they have been – not solely in serving to Brodie, however in serving to her and conserving her knowledgeable.
As somebody who doesn’t like receiving assist from others, Amanda takes a second to speak about how she has benefitted from medicine and remedy to assist get her by these tough occasions. Margaret Stalvey (from a suggestion by Chris Harrington) had additionally begun bringing her meals.
- November ninth
- Amanda signed paperwork to begin the lung transplant course of for Brodie.
- Amanda got here to speak to AEW. They requested her how they wished to deal with this, and he or she informed them that she wished to maintain all of this non-public. She supplied to talk to the locker room personally, to hopefully “guilt” them into not letting this info leak out. Each Amanda and Aubrey point out routinely checking locations like Reddit to see if the knowledge had leaked.
Sooner or later on the Mayo Clinic he was examined for Covid-19 once more. This time, by way of a “bronchial wash,” a technique the clinic had used up to now to find Covid instances that in any other case didn’t seem by way of conventional checks. Once more, the outcome was detrimental.
- November 14th (Amanda’s birthday)
- The nurses had made a banner and stunned Amanda with a birthday cake.
- Finish of November
- Brodie had begun displaying indicators of getting higher. That they had carried out a tracheotomy in order that Brodie might be faraway from the ventilator. He was capable of get up and non-verbally talk with Amanda (smiling, mouthing phrases). He began bodily remedy and issues have been trying up.
- As a substitute of the ventilator, he was placed on oxygen. Sadly, he suffered a panic assault, which is when issues took a flip for the more severe.
- She knew there have been going to be setbacks (2 steps ahead, 1 step again), however in December issues appeared to simply frequently worsen and worse.
- They wished to revisit the thought of a lung transplant. It was described to her as Brodie needing both a “lung transplant or finish of life care.”
- Whereas within the hospital, Brodie received an an infection in his lungs. She discovered about this someday round December 13th, her and Brodie’s wedding ceremony anniversary.
- December 16th (Brodie’s birthday)
- Chris Jericho flew Brodie Jr as much as Jacksonville on his non-public aircraft. He received to attend that episode of Dynamite, which was a giant deal to him as he was (and had all the time been) such a giant wrestling fan.
- That night time, Amanda was anticipating to obtain a cellphone name on the choice as as to if or not Brodie would obtain a lung transplant. She didn’t hear something, which she assumed meant it could be a “no.”
- December 24th (Christmas Eve)
- Amanda had gone again dwelling to spend a number of days together with her youngsters.
- She obtained a cellphone name from a health care provider (one she wasn’t significantly a fan of) saying that they wanted to start finish of life care. At this level, Brodie’s kidneys and coronary heart have been failing. Amanda refused to return again to Jacksonville, as she was decided to spend Christmas together with her kids – regardless of the chance that she might not be there when Brodie passes.
- December 25th (Christmas Day)
- Some household had flown in they usually tried to have a traditional Christmas day, regardless of the apparent difficulties.
- That night time, alongside together with her brother-in-law and sister-in-law they flew again to Jacksonville. The youngsters have been staying together with her mother-in-law, and drove up the following day.
- She known as Cody Rhodes (who had been shut with Amanda all through the entire course of, and who went by the ordeal of getting a larger-than-life father move away) and Large E (Brodie Jr’s favourite wrestler) to see if they’d be keen to return to the hospital and be there when she needed to inform Brodie Jr about his father’s passing.
- December 26th (Brodie Lee’s passing)
- Cody, Large E, Shawn Spears, Peyton Royce, Tyler Breeze, and Margaret and Megha, from AEW’s PR/Authorized crew (who had been very supportive of Amanda all through this ordeal, together with bringing her meals and alluring her to Thanksgiving dinner) all got here to the hospital to say goodbye to Brodie.
- Cody, Large E, and Amanda went again to the lodge to inform Brodie Jr about his father’s passing.
- The official reason for demise was decided to be “idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.” The time period “idiopathic” is used when the reason for a illness is just not recognized. “Pulmonary fibrosis” is a scarring of the lungs. She continues to be awaiting an post-mortem report, which might comprise further info.
- December 30th (Brodie Lee Celebration of Life)
- No official service was held for Brodie, as a consequence of Covid-19.
- “AEW’s celebration of life – that was his funeral.”
- “The outpouring of affection from the wrestling neighborhood has been unreal.”
- She didn’t wish to watch the tribute video beforehand, so she noticed it for the primary time whereas she was within the ring. “It was good, it was stunning, and severely you may go fuck your self.” (word that this was stated with fun, as Amanda is somebody who doesn’t prefer to cry however that video ‘broke her’)
- “I get actually, actually fucking indignant if I see anyone who’s like, ‘Oh, they’re exploiting the household.’ No, they’re going above and past to let an Eight-year previous stay his favourite factor on the planet, and have his connection along with his dad.”
- For full disclosure, Amanda was the one who requested to do the podcast, to hopefully clear the air.
- There’s been discuss of -1 doing a future podcast together with Preston Vance.
Be aware: I simply wish to reiterate how typically and the way passionately Amanda counseled the nurses she labored with for all the nice issues that they do. On a number of events she particularly talked about Penny, Barb, and Jill from the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville (the latter of which she was so glad to see on the day that Brodie handed that it was one of many handful or so occasions that she cried all through this ordeal), in addition to Danny from Introduction Well being in Tampa. Moreover, AEW’s Margaret Stalvey & Megha Parekh (by the advice of Chris & Alissa Harrington) have been talked about quite a few occasions. Additionally, she spoke significantly fondly of Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho.
Podcast Hyperlink – give it a pay attention in case you can, but it surely’s a tricky one.